BED RACE RULES
- Each team must have 5 people to a team who actually race (4 runners, 1 rider and 1 alternate, just in case).
- Rider must wear helmet.
- Races course is almost 1/8th of a mile.
- Two beds will race at once for a time trial. Top 10 times, race in pairs of two, for the single best time.
- All beds must be decorated (keep in mind there is a contest for best decorated and a great prizes for this.).
- Any size wheels are permitted.
- No breaking devices allowed.
- No steering devices allowed.
- Pushing the bed only during the race, no pulling.
- All 5 team members must pass finish line (with the bed) in order to win.
TEAMS CHOOSE A THEME…
- Twin bed size only. Mattress or padding (minimum of 4 inches thick) must be part of design and design must mimic a bed with headboard and footboard. Parade bed is race bed!
- Beds must have minimum of four wheels one in each corner, all must touch the ground, wheels can be any size.
- Beds can be decorated in any way but must have a headboard and footboard as part of the design – be creative!
- Bed cannot have any means of propulsion other than the team pushing it. No motors. No steering mechanism. Human power only. No brakes.
- Bed may have push bars not extending more than 4 inches out. Nothing sharp may be part of the bed.
- Any violations in bed design will have penalties (up to and including disqualification). Beds that are not constructed according to the rules will be required to be modified to adhere to the rules.
- Participants are encouraged to dress along with the bed theme decoration to win prizes.
- No sharp items, glass or obscene items on beds. Beds will be disqualified for any of these violations.